Conflict Warning Signs
Identifying a brewing people problem in real time is critical to a team functioning well. This list of conflict warning signs in organizations has been compiled from participants in several Conflict Basics classes at startup accelerators.
- Dysfunctional meetings
- Bad e-mails
- Tense relations
- “Over-the-top” reactions within the team
- Opposing groups forming within company
- Repetitive patterns of disagreement
- Entrenchment of disagreement
- Inability to move forward and productivity slowdowns
- Loss of trust
- Unusual level of feeling of pressure given the circumstances
- Avoidance of working with some or all people
- Effected relations with external vendors
- Hiding behavior from outsider’s view
- Conflict behavior downward spiral - (see basic training)
- Escalation of alignment on conflict curve - (see basic training)
- Call by some for outsider help
- Feelings of being unwelcome
- High turn-over
- Communication has stopped
Resologics Helps You Manage Growth & Maintain Creativity
We push our businesses hard to get into the ultimate creative zone where our teams interact vigorously, push ideas to new levels, hash out ways to approach change, implement tasks quickly. That "creative tension" zone is powerful, exciting, and walks an edge where it is easy for even the highest functioning teams to cross the line into areas where people start to lose trust or confidence in one another and the team begins to move out of the zone.
Contact us today if you are experiencing any of the warning signs in your team.
NOT THE KIND OF CONFLICT YOU WERE THINKING OF? Try this page instead for a description of conflict that fits them all.