What is Team Coaching?
Team Coaching is a guided process where participants move through the steps of discovery, objective setting, change implementation, iterating, and learning. In team coaching the team learns to see itself as a single system that is responsible for delivering results. A powerful understanding of both individual and group behaviors becomes clearer, trust is built, communications and results are optimized.
Some of the common steps in the team coaching process include:
- Discovery and understanding of the team by the coach
- Interviews and 1:1 meetings with team members
- Diagnostic Assessment(s) to understand the team dynamic
- Customized strategy and process design
- Coaching sessions with the team
- Workshops and training sessions with the team
- Measurement of the team system and progress toward change
- Follow-up coaching sessions with the team
- Celebration of success!
Are you a team leader considering team coaching for your team?
Learn more about your team by taking the Team Leader View assessment today.