Ownership: Single Owner, LLC
Industry Sector: IT Services
A new management structure surrounds this profitable, high performing team. The owner decides to move in several directions at once to improve the overall team dynamic and grow the business out so he can exit within five years.
Dollar Impact Summary
- Benefit to Cost Ratio: (9:1)
- Estimated Cost of Conflict and reduced innovation up to Entry Point: $169,312
- Estimated ongoing team dynamics costs per month pre-engagement: $13,000
- Total Cost of Resologics Services: $18,000
- More impact info: see below
- Build team out to be more high performing
- Engage management team to embrace change
- Grow organization, revenues and profits
- Increase transparency, safety and inclusiveness for all employees
- Reduce attrition
- Preparation for exit sale by owner
- Contract Ombudsman Services
Here's What Happened:
- Resologics collaborated to embed a conflict advisor / Ombuds into the team. Over the course of a few months several team issues were addressed and work flow returned to normal. Soon after, the decision was made to engage in a full team assessment and coaching process using the Team Diagnostic tool as a baseline and the Ombuds as the ongoing coach. That process has lead to a greater understanding of the team dynamic, a set of organizational metrics to measure progress and track change and an increase in productivity on this already high performing team. A follow-up assessment will be undertaken in mid to late 2015. Ombuds services remain in place and will continue to serve an important function for the team as it grows.
- Surface tensions reduced through coaching and training
- Team assessment and team coaching leading to team recognizing itself as a whole and making changes
- Long-term deficiencies in management skills identified.
- Training started by management to improve skills.
- Quantitative measurements put in place around team functioning
- Revenue and profits are up
- Attrition is down
- Management has in place documented methods for continued improvement
- Customer satisfaction is up
- Services quality certification achieved
Expected Long-term Impact:
- Closer knit, safer, more inclusive feeling team. Resilient culture.
- Higher performing team
- Expansion of the business in all areas
- Continuing gains in revenue and profitability
- Organizational readiness to be acquired for maximum price in less than five years